November 22, 2007

Overheard while playing Mexican Train

R doesn't often make requests of the whole family, so we try to honor them when she does, especially because she's the baby of the family.

Last night she requested that we play Mexican Train. This fun dominoes game was taught to us by my parents after they had spent time snowbirding in McAllen, Texas in the mid-90's.

These comments, in no particular order, were overheard while playing Mexican Train last night.

"It tastes like potting soil!"

"Did you say pond snot?"

"Yes, I drooled, get over it!"

"Warts, plucking, festering." (Don't even ask!)

"That looks like baby poop!"

"He had good personalities."

"Put it under your coat like rocket man."

"Pluuuuuuuuuleeeeeeeeeeezeeeeeee -- your pie!"

"Deal with it, sista!"

"Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew!"

"She made me draw turkey one."

"Your turn, Hootie."

"There's a spider in S's sunflower seeds!" (Evin grin)

"What are you doing? Licking it!?"

"I feel like an old lady." (Not said by me!)

"You can feel my ears bleeding."

"She's a one-year old acting like a uno-tic."

"I want to lick the bowl out."

"I think your head might get stuck in there."

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love these! Each one of them makes the imagination reel with possibilities! I think I will have to do some eavesdropping of my own and see what kind of things are overheard around my house!

Sarah said...

Hehe... and that's not even the half of it! :D

Kaitlyn said...

haha, veeeery funny.

*Sigh*